Hi! My name is Chelsea, and I promise to give the utmost love and attention to your member of the family while he/she is in my care. I have a degree in wildlife ecology and a thorough background in animal care and husbandry (both domestic and exotic).
I have worked twice as an animal care technician at animal hospitals, caring for the feeding, medication, and care of boarding dogs, cats, and other small exotic pets. My whole life until now, I have been a consistent volunteer at my local animal shelters, socializing dogs and cats of all backgrounds and personalities and helping fit them to the right adopting family! My exotic animal background includes the husbandry and behavioral training of marine mammals, bear species, wolves, elk, parrot species, livestock, and chimpanzees at a rescue sanctuary.
One of my favorite tasks was working closely on behavioral training with Roxy, an African white-necked raven! In addition to my professional and extracurricular activities, I grew up loving and caring for some of my own quirky pets - including dogs, cats, fish, hamsters, mice, and rats! I have a passion for animals and ensuring they are happy and thriving. You can be sure your best friend is in good hands while you are away or need a little extra help from time-to-time. If you are interested in meeting up or learning more about me, I'd be happy to! I look forward to meeting your furry, scaly, or feathery friend!
- Home boarding: I live in a 2 bedroom/2 bath townhome with two stories and an outdoor balcony. It is located in Oak Park, a nice suburb near Glenroy and Pascoe Vale, with plenty of walking area, yardage, and nearby reserves! I live with my partner, and there are no young children or additional pets in the home. Your pet will be able to sleep wherever/however they will be comfortable (whether that be in the room with us, on the couch, in a kennel you bring for them, etc). I am a recent graduate from the U.S. currently looking for work, so I have mostly the entire day to give your pet love, attention, play-time, walks, and more! I can provide a clean, comfy pet bed and toys upon their arrival if you’d like to keep theirs at home or cannot bring them (complimentary, of course). I also enjoy training, so if your pet is working on behaviours and you'd like me to help with that while they stay over, let me know! In addition, we can discuss any allergies, special needs, etc. your pet may have in detail.
- Daycare: my home will be open to your pet beginning earliest at 8:00 AM and will allow their stay until the latest 8:00 PM. They will be spoiled with constant companionship and care via me and you will receive photo updates through the app unless you desire otherwise!
- Dog walking (service only offered for suburbs Oak Park, Pascoe Vale and Glenroy) a dog walk can either be a walk of maximum 3 kilometers or it can be a 30-minute playtime in an off-leash dog park. This can be negotiated based on pet needs or the surrounding area of your home. I can bring treats or toys along for the walk/playtime if desired!
- Home visit: I will visit your pet at your home and stay for up to 30 minutes each visit. Within these visits, I can provide feeding, any necessary medication, care, playtime, love, and time outside! Other specific requests for purposes of a home visit can be discussed.
Chelsea looked after our dog really well. She sent us regular photos and always communicated with us. We recommend her services.
- Animal behavior
- Wildlife ecology degree
- Animal husbandry
- Volunteer at equestrian hippotherapy center and animal shelter
Book via Pawshake to enjoy The Pawshake Guarantee, in-house customer support, booking guarantee, safe cashless payments, no booking fees, no change fees, daily updates and more!