Hi there! My name is Chris, and I'm an animal fan from way back. I have always grown up with dogs, cats, mice, rabbits, fish, birds, hermit crabs, frogs and other and have enjoyed spending time with every one of them, and understanding their needs and what it takes to make them happy. I am a particular fan of larger dogs, and enjoy the enthusiasm they always seem to bring to the table. I have been a dog-sitter and cat-sitter for some years now, and have managed everything from large dogs that could pull sleds to cats with chronic illnesses that require special care. I am a clean and neat person, and will always ensure the only thing you come back to find is a happy well looked-after pet.
- I am able to handle a variety of dogs, from cranky Chihuahuas to excited labbies to nervous greyhounds.
- I am able to give a dog as much leeway or dscipline as they require, depending on their needs and your instructions.
- I have a keen attention to detail and am regimental with feeding times and medications as they are required.
- I am very patient with dogs, as I appreciate that much of their behaviour (or misbehvaiour) comes from excitement or nervousness, and is not a reflection on the dogs, who just want love and attention.
- I genuinely enjoy spending time with all dogs, which is a quality that cannot be faked and makes the experience much more pleasurable for the dogs.
- I have an unlimited well of attention for cats, but also respect their space, and am familiar with the pace at which their mood changes and have learned to adapt quickly.
- I am patient with cats, and appreciate that their calls are generally more sepcific in idicating their needs than other pets, and should be heeded.
- I have an appreciation that cats are used to certain routines, epecially when it comes to eating, and can cater to that routine as well.
- I have no aversion to maintining a cat's litter and other toiletary needs.
- I appreciate that difference species have vastly differing needs and comfort levels and am highly flexible to suit these needs.
- I have a keen attention to timing and detail, and will always put the needs of the animal first.
Chris is wonderful and loves looking after our pup. Highly recommended.
Chris has looked after our fur fam on a number of occasions, including both house visits and house sitting. The fur kids (two large enthusiastic dogs and a cat) and the house are always well looked after, and we love getting photo updates! Thanks Chris!
I have undertaken and passed police background checks and some military security vetting. I am highly mobile and willing to travel for your pet.
Book via Pawshake to enjoy premium insurance, 24/7 support, booking guarantee, safe cashless payments, photo updates and more!