I would be happy to house sit for you whilst you are away. I would like to focus on caring for dogs (as opposed to other types of pets) as I am accustomed to them best. Small dogs are preferred but will consider large dogs too. I will be able to give full attention to your pet for reasons of safety, mental stimulation and physical activity.
I have always had a dog growing up. So am very familiar with and accustomed to them. Last year I volunteered at the dog refuge. I learned some more skills regarding different personalities of dogs. Those dogs however are little bit more difficult to work with as they are getting over some trauma in their life. Being given up for one! Most dogs just need loving care and attention and they will behave wonderfully. Dogs naturally look to us (humans) for leadership of the pack. So a calm personality is best when taking care of them.
I believe the dogs can get an enriching experience here as they will be always engaged in play. There are a few different options I have come up with that I will be using while they are here. During the summer now water games are usually fun. Depending on the dog there will be a little dog pool that I will with water or a milder version will be to play with a damp cloth.
I will also be able to wash and groom your dog while they are here.
Other games will be games that encourage them to use their natural abilities and enhance them. Like hiding and seeking treats. This encourages them to use their noses and builds memory.
If you have toys at home that they regularly play with and enjoy do include them when you bring your pooch over.
The pictures I have attached are
1) Bacchi. A Dog Refuge weekend foster. She stayed over for a weekend and we had the best time, playing and going to the parks. We also went to the beach which on return Bacchi was so obviously exhausted and slept at my feet on the couch. She is wearing a thunder shirt. As this helps her feel secure and with less anxiety in her environment.
2) Oscar. Oscar is a spoilt pet who came to the office one day with his owner. She stepped out for all of 10 minutes to go get a coffee and he felt a little lost and distressed. We were trying to comfort him at the office while she was away.
3) Lolly. A recent day sit where I kept her company 3 days a week, while her parents went off to work. Lolly used to be a regular pet sit for me but is no longer due to a change in her owners circumstances.
4) Dara. A beautiful American bulldog where I house sat and minded Dara while her parents were away on holiday. She loves the beach of course and the last picture is one of her attempts at convincing me to take her (pic 6)
5) oompa & Zeus. Angelic staffys until you leave them alone with soft furnishings. The soft furnishings seem to explode!
6) Scout. My first cat Petsit. It was very early in the morning when I took that picture, he couldn’t keep his eyes open!
7) Shadow. A German sheppie and Border collie mix! She is so high in energy she bounces off the walls mostly. Still very young but has been good practice for my dog training skills.
8) Tiger. Anything but!
9) Kygo. Lots of zest for life. Loves her ball
10) Gary. Has very high standards to live up to .
11) kabuki & rascal. Building up my cat resume :)
12) Esay & Bibi. They annoy each other so. They love the park and are professional nappers at home :)
13) Sally. Poses well for the camera. Was a rescue. Loves her new home. Imitates my high voice when I greet her at the door. She is a bit reactive on a walk with other dogs. But we manage.
14) Jett. We try to practice softer indoor voices when playing.
Kathlene looked after the dogs quite well. They were happy and waggly tailed, and they had been walked quite a bit, so that was great.
However, the house was left in a mess when she left - the dogs had managed to get a plastic honey pot and destroyed it in the living room and out the back. I got home to find this mess, which was disappointing. In addition, the bed was neither made nor stripped, which are generally the two options available to a pet sitter staying in a person's home. This was disappointing.
Kathlene was a great sitter for our puppies! She sent loads of updates and pictures of the dogs throughout the day/night. We would have Kathlene look after our pups again in a heartbeat!
Book via Pawshake to enjoy The Pawshake Guarantee, in-house customer support, booking guarantee, safe cashless payments, no booking fees, no change fees, daily updates and more!