NOTE: Christmas is mostly booked out .not all of our services are available at the same time (please read our Bio prior to booking)
We are a dynamic, active family with several fur, feathered and scaled companions. I love the idea of a pet community helping each other with affordable options and still have peace of mind for our fury loved ones. We currently offer various services. (Please note we may not have all of these available at all times but please make sure you send an enquiry with your specific needs before making a booking, we can also offer a discount for longer term bookings or by negotiation but this must be organised prior to the booking)
· Home Boarding is a nice alternative to a boarding kennel. We can offer to care for you dog in our home .They will be included in our family and have to ability to come inside and out. Your dog’s individual and dietary needs can be taken into account. We currently who are used to sharing their space. We have large sized yard, which my dogs spend during work/school hours but are free to be with the family inside whilst we are home. We have a nice open spaces and reserve area nearby and there is always someone available for good ball throwing sessions or walkies out of the yard. We do not charge extra for exercise or outings whilst your dog is boarding with us.
· Tayla is a reliable 19 year old who would love to provide house sitting. She can provide you with some references if you like and give you a piece of mind for your home security whilst making sure your pets are well cared for. We do not charge extra for feeding your pets, taking in your mail or bins, watering your plants etc.
· We can often take your pups for a walk while you are away, particularly in our local area. This gives your pooch a break up of their day, some stimulation and socialisation. We will take them for a minimum of half an hour walk and can accommodate a variety on 'on leash' skills.
· Home visits while you are away. We can come to your house, check your animal’s food and water, water your plants and some general home security checks. We have experience with animals as well, including rodents, rabbits, reptiles, birds and fish. We can bring in your mail and bins and alternate some internal lights if you like.
We have a limited capacity for Day Care as we are usually not home during the week days. This may be available in some circumstances at minimal cost. Don't hesitate to ask if this is a requirement. (e.g It's overcrowded at home due to visitors, your fence is broken, you're doing back yard renovations, your bored dog could do with some playmates etc) please ask if you have requirements that are not listed, we may be able to accomadate. :)
For safety we will not take your dog off leash unless in a designated Lead of space, we have discussed this with you first and it is appropriate for your dog to do this. (Ball throwing in open space for a dog with good recall etc.) For quite large dogs or very pulling dogs we will most likely use a Front Chest Harness. This allows us to have more control over the safety of your dog, does not pull on their throat and does not allow your pup to suddenly lunge away.
We have limited ability to care for puppies as we cannot provide 24hr supervision. Please don’t hesitate to ask though. Please disclose to us any possible behaviour issues that may possibly arise or have arisen in the past. Even if unlikely or seem small. Even very small issues can escalate in a strange environment and your dog may not have been in a ‘pack situation before. Anxieties or food and toy guarding for example can be pre-empted, worked with or avoided.
Please note that letting us know about any concerns you have will not disadvantage your pet but will enable us to ensure we provide the safest care possible. Please let us know if your animal is or has reciently been on medications, has a recient injury or significant injury in the past. This means we can watch for side effects or re-occurances and inform you or a vet promptly.
For non-emergency injury or illness we will provide first aid or if appropriate we can take your animal to your choose of vet. If however it is an emergency we will take him/her to our closest vet and contact you as soon as practical. Your animal’s safety will come first. Please don’t hesitate to talk to us about emergency plans.
Prior to an episode of care, we will try and ensure compatibility between us, our pets and yours. However, as is the nature of individual personalities or unforeseen circumstances we will take steps in order of escalation to ensure everyone is safe. E.g. an order of escalation for dog aggression to other dogs
1. Avoid the situation (remove the cause , toys or food etc. )
2. Provide energy release, exercise, walk as a group, individual fun time
3. Physical Separation, low level (separate bed space, provide escapes)
4. Physical separation, med level (separate with physical barriers like doors unless safe)
5. Physical separation, High level (Remove Dog from care (Provide safe space until pick up))
We will maintain communication with you and if you are unreachable make the best decision as we see fit.
Dog behaviour correction. I will not physically punish your dog, if a firm ‘No’ or other commands are ineffective I will simply remove them from the situation. Your pet is our guest and it is not up to us to alter behaviours unless you specifically want it altered.
We believe in positively reinforcing good behaviour and gentle guidance or redirection for unwanted behaviours. We aim to provide an enjoyable stay for your pet so they feel loved and are as relaxed as possible while you are away.
Petah and her family took great care of our dog Thora. Right from the start they made her feel welcome and one of the family. She came back back happy and clearly enjoyed her stay.
Petah and her family are nothing short of excellent. I only hope she's available to look after our dog in the future....
Our family have always had dogs, they are part of our lives and family.
I have many years of animal knowledge through experience or study. (Applied science in animal Technologies and many years as an RSPCA wildlife volunteer)
Our yard can accommodate most dogs (possibly excluding determined escape artists or very small dogs)
Dogs must be other dog friendly and fit easily in a pack. A meet and greet first would a benefit, for larger dogs this will be essential prior to booking.
We also have lots of experience with other animals and could possibly accommodate bunnies, ferrets, birds etc.
Book via Pawshake to enjoy The Pawshake Guarantee, in-house customer support, booking guarantee, safe cashless payments, no booking fees, no change fees, daily updates and more!