My name is Madeleine, I am 33 years old and the proud owner of a highly neurotic and sweet fluffy cat called Pinot. I work in marketing and communications which doesn't give me that much time with animals unfortunately.
But petsitting has given me a way around this: I love every opportunity I get to take care of other people’s fur babies and get to know them.
When I am with your pet you can be guaranteed that they will have 100% of my attention. I’m available for visits on weekends or out of 9-5 work hours OR can do overnight.
I come from an animal loving family (my sister is a vet) and grew up with a dog that was most commonly referred to as my brother.
I wish I could have a dog of my own but cats are more flexible when you are renting (don't tell my much loved cat I said that ;) )
- House visits: I’m an expert cat player (I often bring my own toys to mix things up) so in general I’ll spend minimum 30 minutes with your cat. This involves feeding, kitty litter and then a period of play and cuddle time (if they’re the cuddling type!). If I think they’re at all anxious and need more attention, I’m happy to stay longer to calm them down.
- Dog walking or dog visits: 30 mins to 60+ mins of hanging out! I use this as an opportunity to explore new neighbourhoods. Can include a water change and feeding on return from walks
- Sleep overs: no real explanation needed. Can look after your home, water plants and tend to all your dog or cat’s needs.
I always send you pictures (and even video) along the way so you can stay up-to-date
MOTIVATIONS OF WHY I DO THIS
- Any time spent with animals is time well spent! - I love meeting new animals and discovering their unique personalities
- I'd love a dog but can't have one, so if I can spend time with yours I am extremely lucky
- I enjoy meeting new people who also believe their pet is the best thing going
- I am a bit of an obsessive animal person: 80% of my conversation with my sister is animal related... I know, crazy!
Madeleine was awesome! She came by the week prior to meet me and the cats. We had a good chat about the cats and their personalities and I showed her where everything was. On the day we were away, she came at the time she said she would, took pics and left everything where it was. We were super happy to come home after our trip to find two happy girls. Thanks for the awesome service & will 100% be contacting you again for any future needs :)
Madeleine was thankfully available at short notice and took excellent care of Lacey again!
I have my NSW drivers license
Book via Pawshake to enjoy The Pawshake Guarantee, in-house customer support, booking guarantee, safe cashless payments, no booking fees, no change fees, daily updates and more!