**Availability refers to home boarding.
** It's never too early to book! The longer you put off booking, the more likely you are to lose your dates to someone else. Particularly over peak holiday periods, ensure you plan and book well in advance.
** Please read my FAQ below for more information.
** If you are satisfied with my service, please leave a five-star review! :)
Hi! My name is Georgi (short for Georgina, which fittingly means 'animal lover') and I have loved animals of all shapes and sizes since I can remember. I begged my parents for a dog for years until they finally caved and my mini schnauzer Mitzy joined our family when I was eight-years-old. From then on as a child I made detailed PowerPoint presentations on why I should have every other animal under the sun as a pet - unfortunately, bids for the cat, rat, rabbit, horse, goat, bird, snake, and cow were largely unsuccessful.
Fast forward to now and my love for animals is just as great, and through Pawshake I have had the pleasure of meeting, sitting, and walking some awesome pets of all shapes, sizes, and types (you can meet some of my furry clients in my photo gallery!). I would love to meet and take care of your pet while you are unable to and give them the attention and affection they deserve in the comfort of a loving home and familiar routine - forget about cramped kennels and stressful cages. My goal is to make sure that you have a relaxing time away while your pet has a relaxing time at home!
I currently study at the University of Western Australia, which gives me a flexible schedule. I have a National Police Clearance (NPC).
I look forward to hearing from you and do not hesitate to contact me with any questions!
- What is a 'meet and greet'? Meet and greets are when I get to know you and your pet (and vice-versa) to ensure we are a perfect fit and discuss the booking and everything I need to know about your pet. Meet and greets are free of charge, however, please note that only the first meet and greet is free, so make sure that everyone who'd like to meet me is present!
- Where do the meet and greet take place? It is preferential that this takes place in your home for walks and visits so you can give me the low down on your house and your pet's environment, and my home for boarding so you and your pet can be introduced to my house, however, if you would be more comfortable meeting somewhere else then let me know!
- Are photo updates included? Yes! I will always send daily updates and photos of your pet/s as text messages for ALL booking types. If you will be overseas, please advise how you would like me to send updates.
- What suburbs do you cover? I am currently based in Innaloo and cover surrounding suburbs.
- What is your cancellation policy? My cancellation policy is moderate. This means that you will be issued a full refund 7 days or more from the date of the booking and a 50% refund after. Please let me know as soon as possible if you need to cancel so you are entitled to the correct refund.
Walks and Visits FAQ
- How long do you spend with my pet during walks and visits? The baseline time I spend on walk and visits is 45 minutes to one hour. However, each pet I have looked after has had different individual needs that I am more than happy to accommodate. For example, your senior dog may only require a 20-minute walk, while your working breed may need a full hour of exercise. Likewise, visits are dependent on your pet's needs and can be negotiated.
- If my dog does not need a full 45-minute walk, is it the same price? Yes. My rates cover the service and time I give, travel costs, and the 19% contribution to Pawshake.
- What is the difference between a visit and a walk? Walks consist of a one-on-one 45-minute walk plus a small amount of time post-walk making sure your pet has fresh water, any treats or food, and cuddles. Visits do not include a walk, however, the full amount of time is spent one-on-one with your pet at your home - feeding, playing, cuddling, singing, dancing, whatever you fancy!
- What if I require a visit longer than an hour?
If you require me for longer than an hour yet do not require house sitting, please let me know as different rates will apply.
Home Boarding FAQ
- Do you board both dogs and cats? I only board dogs at my home. Unfortunately, due to a household member with cat allergies, I cannot board cats. I still offer home visits for cats, though!
- Do you board puppies? Yes and no. I am happy to take care of your puppy if they are fully toilet-trained and will not damage any part of the house (including the yard!). If your puppy is not fully toilet-trained or they are still destructive, unfortunately, I cannot take them into my home. Please be honest when disclosing your puppy's behaviour.
- Tell me a bit about your house? My house (AKA, your pet's holiday resort!) is located in Innaloo in a very easily accessible location near the Mitchell Freeway. It is very peaceful as it is set back from the street and is totally fenced and secure (not to worry about any Houdini's!). Your dog will not be visible to anyone from the street and will have complete privacy. I use pet and eco-friendly cleaning products in my house, so your dog won't be in contact with any harsh chemicals. The yard size is medium and the house is right next to a huge off-leash dog exercise area, with other large parks nearby. Truly a Pet Paradise!
- What items will you provide? I will provide cozy blankets, an outside bed for lounging around alfresco, food and water bowls, some toys (but if your dog has a favourite toy, please bring it!), and treats.
- What do I need to provide? Please bring all the food your dog requires for their stay with me (I only provide treats as a sudden change in diet can cause an upset tummy), it is recommended to bring a little extra. Please bring your dog's leash/harness for walking, their bed for sleeping at night (this is a familiar safe space for your dog), and any medication if required. If you have a long-haired dog or your dog will need to be brushed, please bring their brush. If you have any questions about what will or won't be provided, please ask!
- Will there be any other pets? No. I only take one booking at a time unless discussed prior and my family schnauzer, Mitzy, lives at my parent's house. Please do still advise me if your dog does not get on well with other pets.
- Are walks included in home boarding bookings? Yes. During boarding, I do everything that you would normally do with your dog - walks and couch-cuddles inclusive.
- Will anyone else be there during home boarding? I currently live with my partner, Mitch, and my brother, Tom. They love dogs just as much as I do, so your furry friend will be getting triple the love and attention!
- Can you pick up/drop off my pet? Yes, I can pick-up/drop off if you live within a 15-minute's drive radius and I am available at that date and time to do so. Let me know if you require this at booking time and I will do my best to meet your needs.
- Anything else I should know? Did you know that I'm an artist who specialises in pet portraits?!