Louise's furry clients.
Hi, I'm Louise!
Welcome to RIDGEVIEW RETREAT. A true Doggie Oasis! Fully Fenced Acreage for Safety & Security. DAILY HIKES ARE INCLUDED IN OUR RATES (weather permitting)
We absolutely adore dogs - big dogs, little dogs, all dogs! Little dogs that act like big dogs & big dogs that think they're little dogs .. hee hee.
****** PLEASE NOTE THAT DAILY WALKS ARE ALREADY INCLUDED IN OUR RATES ******
My husband & I have over 1.5 acres FULLY FENCED property - 12 mins to Robina, 6 mins to M1. We do daily hikes around the Bonogin Hills & our motto is "a Tired Dog is a HAPPY Dog!" Social interaction & play are also top priorities.
We have 2 fully fenced grassed yards (1.6m high with s/steel mesh fencing on bottom), as well as a large undercover alfresco area and a huge pool and entertainment area - so in all 3 separate yards - which can all be connected, or all kept separated. But we advocate the socialisation with both large and small dogs (fully supervised) in our 'open kennel environment.
Depending on size, age and fitness we would gladly take your furry baby on our daily walk, and we advocate the use of positive reinforcement for training and managing behaviours. When staying for an Overnight Stay, or Day Boarding, the walks are INCLUDED in the daily fee.
We advocate Cesar Milan training techniques to keep our own pooches & guests, calm and harmonious whilst in our care. We sometimes use Backpacks (in the cooler months only) & always use Slip Leads when we walk all the pooches. I have an RSPCA Dog Minding (Pet Sitting) Certificate, Advanced Diploma in Dog Psychology and Behavioural Science, as well as a Police Background Check Clearance also.
We also offer Day Boarding on MONDAYS, TUESDAYS and THURSDAYS with fully supervised socialisation and pool playtime too. Pack Walks are included in the Day Boarding rates. Please note that spaces are limited, so book ahead to guarantee your furry baby being spoilt by Ridgeview Retreat and give you complete peace of mind whilst you are away.
If you would like your beloved pooch to stay and sleep indoors .. not a problem .. but they MUST be able to either use the doggie door (if small enough), otherwise old enough to know to 'hold it for the night' .. if not, they will sleep under the alfresco or extra large dog house.
* Drop off time is between 6:40am – 7:30am, or after 10am (during Summer to avoid the heat on our early morning Pack Walk).
* Pick up is STRICTLY by 5pm, otherwise extra charges will apply.
* Drop off time is prior to 730am (if joining morning Pack Walk), otherwise after 930am
* Pick up is STRICTLY by 5pm, based on 24 hours ... so dependant of drop off time
* If staying more than 24 hrs, a Day Boarding rate will apply (and pick up is required by 5pm)
NO DROP OFFS OR PICK UPS ON PUBLIC HOLIDAYS
The current C5 Vaccination Certificate must be presented PRIOR to Booking. .. either sent via email or text through. All pooches must be completely up to date with their Worming, Flea and Tick treatments also.
PN : we are unable to take any AMERICAN STAFFYS, ENGLISH STAFFYS or BULL TERRIER mixed who are over 6 months of age, whom haven't stayed with us before.
UNDESEXED Males over 12 months of age, unfortunately are unable to be accepted.
UNDESEXED Females over 12 months of age, must have Breeding Certificate presented, otherwise will not be accepted.
* PACK WALKS ARE INCLUDED IN OUR DAILY RATES
* experienced with large dog breeds (and small)
* DAY BOARDING - Mondays .. Tuesdays and Thursdays
* we advocate the use of positive reinforcement for training & managing behaviours in our own dogs, and puppy guests.
* large dog area = 1400sqm grassed area (fully fenced - 1.6m to 1.8m high)
* small dog area = 400sqm grassed area (fully fenced 1.6m high, with stainless steel mesh on bottom so very secure)
* plenty of shade, plenty of space, plenty of fresh water available, plenty of walks and playtime.
* swimming lessons offered in the warmer months .. INCLUDED in the rate
* do NOT tolerate any dog aggressive behaviours (food aggression, toy aggression and pulling on the lead) - we will use our techniques and patience so any dogs who stay will also be socialised and integrated into the pack - with no aggression allowed. *